Industry Immersion Part 4

An industry experience to treasure...

I am about to finish my immersion journey with my colleague, Sir Nicart. A big big thanks to all the staff that comprises PLDT South Luzon Fixed Access and Transport Operation in the Bicol Region Field Force 5 Office.

In our base

Our mentor, Sir Rhomar Encanto invited us to visit the Domestic Fiber Optic Network (DFON) site to check the equipment at Pasacao, Camarines Sur. We used the PLDT service pickup and arrived at the site at around 3:00 PM.

On our way to DFON site

He accompanied us in the secured equipment room and showed us the different types of transport equipment operating 24/7. I was amazed with the technology used in the transport operations.  Devices are interconnected and worked in harmony to achieve its goal of transporting data. Sir Rhomar allowed us to observe the checking of devices and gave us chance to ask/inquire regarding the process.

PLDT DFON site at the background



After minutes of observation, he then invited us to dine with the PLDT staff. They served variety of sea foods locally available in the area since the site is along the sea coast. Indeed, we had a lot of enjoyment during that day which for a very short time, made me feel that I was part of PLDT-SLFxTOP personnel.

Enjoying our foods courtesy of PLDT


Sea view from inside the site compound

thank Sir Rhomar for giving us the chance to experience their industry works and practices. Amidst his very busy schedule, he found time to willingly share technical knowledge in transport operations and conveyed us to their site.

This week, I am completing my requirements: continuing my research paper, finalizing the compilation, etc.

It's really a good industry experience. And a fun way of learning too...

Comments

  1. wow sir.. parang nag sight.seeing lang ah. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that this is a good way of finding inspiration while we are on near to dissertation writing. God bless Sir Ian. - Jane :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Industry Immersion Part 3

My Dissertation Idea